1. Who is Stylez?
Stylez also know as Shiava Arnette 21 years old born and raised in Brooklyn, Ny right out of Bushwick is a kid at heart, with creativity and Style. I am singer, song writer, and rapper. A great lyricist, a work-a-holic, up and coming.Music is not what I do it’s who I am, I am music , I am Stylez.
2. Why do you want to create music?
I create music because it’s my passion of course but simply just to bring a different sound to the industry.
3. Who/What influenced you to make music?
I would say Justin beiber with his pop and young sound and Fantasia with her emotion and her music is relatable in her music she tells a story.
4. If you could work with any major artists, who would it be?
I would want to work with the two that influence me , it’s only right.
5. At what age did you want to start making music?
At the age of 17 I started right in my Grandmother kitchen with Quis Bands and today we are still going strong.
6. What separates you from the mainstream and underground artists?
My sound separate she from most the fact that I’m young and even still my music is positive, not many could rap clean, but I do and still get my point across.
7. How do you think “Unsigned Female Artists” can help get your music out there?
Unsigned female artist will help get my music out there because they are giving me an opportunity not many have or that not many give
8. Why do you think it’s hard for female artists to control the male dominated industry?
As female artist it’s hard for me because it’s hard to be a young female rapper the stereotype now a days is so typical and many don’t think a girl can do it, some can be very judgmental without giving the chance.
9. How long have you been making music? What are some goals you hope to achieve?
I’ve been making music now for 4 years and counting. I hope and one of my goals is for someone to realize how different me and Quis bands are as a Duo, to be on the kids choice or Bet awards. To notice that we are young positive and let that take us far.
10. What’s an everyday motto that you go by? What advice would you give other artists wanting to make music?
Honestly I tell myself everyday ” Success isn’t about what you accomplish, it’s about what you inspire others to do “. I would tell other artists don’t worry about how big or small a opportunity is you’ll never know where an opportunity can take you dream big and always be confident in you.